Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ode to Steven

I am just now really getting into this - which by the way is kind of fun and a bit time consuming. I could get sucked into this easily and let everything else crumble. I am making up for lost time today. Hopefully I will post in other months that don't start with the letter "A". :)

I do want to add a little bit about my boy, Steven, who by the way is getting to be pretty big - to me especially. We measured him today - he is 5'4 1/2" tall - yes - I am adding the half for accuracy. He is in the 8th grade - I know - 8th grade!! And he is currently obsessed with getting a new bike. Most of you don't know that he is the most persistant, obnoxious, got to see it, talk about it, do it right now kind of kid. Now, I am not sure where he gets that from (as I look around and should see a mirror). So, I have told him, Christmas is coming - be patient - give me a list and I don't want to talk about it until I am purple, don't change your mind 100 times, and I really don't need to see any youtube video of guys doing the sweet tricks (seriously!). And maybe I am being a little less than 100% supportive here but we have a little less than 6 mths and I am not shopping just yet. And do you really want me to start showing you papercraft/card making videos on youtube - no?? really?? Are you sure Steve?? Seriously, there is this really cute card technique I found that I am just dying to share. Come on!! I didn't think so. So we are even or at least agree we have different interests and won't bore the snot out of each other with the gory details.
Steven is a good soul though for all his little quirks (which mom has aplenty so he comes by it honestly), he has the best spirit, kind heart and will be helpful in just about any situation. I love that boy more than words can say. We have been together the longest in this family. I am the only one who remembers everything since we have been together - well not everything - but all the trials and tribulations. And boy, did we have some. I only hope we can stay close as we have been in the past especially in the years coming.

He is in the band at school - he plays the trombone, he does well in school - Honor Roll every 9 wks and he has lots of friends. He is taking a break from soccer right now and we are trying to find another team sport. We may just take a break until next year unless we find something he is interested in that doesn't cost us an arm, a leg and a small fortune.

I have to include a couple of pictures of him I pulled off of his camera today. They are from our trip to Disney in February. A little background on these photos - Sophia hated Disney - she wanted to come home. She didn't like the characters at all so we canceled a meal with the furry ones an opted for the Princess dinner. Well, she hated them too - not as much - but no thank you and stay away from me please. So I had to get pictures of someone with the princesses, right?? That was the point of being there. We got pictures of the Pooh Bear bunch at the breakfast we went to where Sophia dived across the table screaming when they came out to greet their guests. So, Steven was nominated - again. I don't think he was in too much pain do you??




I need to post some more current pictures of him. He got braces in April and looks a little older to me than these pictures. He is certainly taller.

Until next time... Who is next??

1 comments:

KatSpy said...

Welcome to blogworld. Beware...it's addicting, but I love it.