Monday, August 17, 2009

Life always throws a curve ball..

Well - what is that saying "life happens when you are busy making plans" - something like that. Since my last post - most of the stuff we had planned on worked out but I have since been hit with a curve ball or a couple - funny how it happened to me mostly..



Steven is in High School - woohoo! He likes it, he likes the ladies too, the band is good - he has gone to band camp and they have learned 3 out of the 4 songs for the marching band program. He is really happy about that. He is going to seminary every morning to his dismay. But all in all he is doing well.

Sophia is going to a different school, Discovery Point. The other school we wanted didn't get funding and at the last minute we found out so we were scrambing to get into another school. Two days later we got the call and fortunately this school is closer than the other one so it all worked out. Her teachers are great and she is being a really good helper in school. She pays attention and wants to make sure her teachers know she is paying attention. Too cute!

Kevin starts back to school today, 8/17/09. He is taking 3 classes at KSU. One of which is online but the others are during the week. MTWTH. Fun!

I, Angie, am not doing what I had planned. I am very disappointed and annoyed by the whole thing but my time will come. I must be patient. I had my classes scheduled for the longest time. I had my financial aid paperwork filled out (to my knowledge) then found out 1 1/2 weeks ago that I didn't have the CORRECT paperwork filled out. Nice! I instantly filled out the right paperwork and was told to go ahead and pay for classes. So I took my trusty Visa card to the computer to take care of that business because I would be reimbursed. Needless to say - KSU doesn't take Visa - who doesn't take Visa??????? Seriously. I threw the card on the desk and walked away. This was Sunday. Monday my paperwork had gone through but would probably take a few weeks. My classes ended up dropping on Monday because of non-payment but on Tuesday - on a whim - I check my financial aid - I had gotten my award... Yay, right? Wrong! I couldn't get back in one of my classes because now it was full. I needed 2 classes to be part-time which is required by the financial aid. Rock meet me meet hardplace. One class scheduled but can't take it because of financial aid requirements.. School is not in my immediate future. :( But I will not give up hope. Everything happens for a reason. I will live! :) I have started writing, so that is good. I am working on 2 chapters simultaneously. If anything, this has pushed me in that direction and to go look for a job/job. Hopefully everything will work out how it is supposed. I am getting really tired of where I am at right now - emotionally, physically, mentally. Time for change, please!

1 comments:

Melysa said...

What a great attitude you have Angie! Keep your chin up, it will all work out. 20/20 hindsight. There is a reason and it will present itself soon enough. Love you girl!